Monday, June 15, 2009

Day one complete

What a day it was! Brent here, checking in and saying hi. I swore I wouldn't look at a computer, phone, or anything, but today serving our Lord in Haiti was so Amazing I had to drop a line for all you bloggers out there. I served today with not only our entire team, but also alongside Pastor Lewis, our gracious host, and many of our faithful Haitian brothers. Wow! What an experience it was. Being with these people and seeing their hearts and all that they lack in material has made me realize how truly rich they really are. I see now how beautiful the united body of Christ truly is. Let me share with you some of the ways in which God used us and our team to further his kingdom here on earth. Our medical team were fortunate enough to make it through visiting over a 120 orphans and providing them with the proper vitamins and treatments. Dr. Gutierrez was able to reduce a child's hernia. Between him and the other doctors, Dr. Blatz and Dr. Sprunger, many illnesses such as severe scabies, dysentery, ring worm, and parasites were able to be addressed. Dr. Gilliam with and the dental team were able to perform 26 tooth extractions (owwwww!!!) and 4 fillings, (CRAZY). How amazing to see what the Lord can use us to do. Ready for Day Two!! Praise God , thank you so much, keep praying for us! Arniquet and Port-Salut orphanages, Here We Come

7 comments:

  1. God bless you all, you are all in our prayers everyday. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had an amazaing day! Not only are the people of Haiti being blessed by the teams service to them but the team is seeing God in a mighty way! I have tears in my eyes reading your post Brent. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..this is so awesome! I'll continue to keep you guys in my prayers. What a blessing to be able to use your gifts and talents, like extracting teeth, for those in need. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is awesome and is using you guys in amazing ways...Keep going strong and know you are all covered in prayers!! The Fitzgerald family :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brent, what a wonderful post! We have prayed for your team daily. It's nothing short of incredible to read "these" words from you. God has done amazing things in you and now he is doing amazing things through you. Grace and peace to you and your team!

    Love,

    Brandon and Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariana, we don't have anything from you today (tuesday) I suppose everyone is to tired to even write. I hope you are doing well. Tata told me about your email. I am amazed by how much you have
    learned in just a couple of days. May God continue to give you all His protection and strenght.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for keeping us updated. It appears that God is doing great things with your team and the people that you minister to. It must be an amazing experience. Thanks for your work kingdom work and sacrifice. God bless you all, Craig

    ReplyDelete